What to put on about us pages of websites is a common question to ask yourself. Not because there’s a lack of ideas but because it isn’t always clear how to communicate your story effectively.
That said, there are certain standard elements that you can use to ensure that your About Us page is memorable and engaging. ❤️
But before we even start.
Here’s a pro tip I want you to keep with you—always:
About pages that begin with phrases like “Hey!” or “This is Our Story,” or even “Welcome to Our Website,” don’t cut it.
You want to stand out—and there’s a high chance that your competition is starting with one of the exact three phrases.
This is why I’m sharing the about us page template I use for my clients today. And mine!
How to write an about us page for a business or personal brand that will elevate the effectiveness of the story comes down to the following:
1. Eye-catching Headline
2. Your Why
4. Track Record
The order of 2-6 can vary, but your eye-catching headline and CTA must be the first and last elements that stand out.
Just remember, always make sure the story you’re telling flows.
The eye-catching headline (a.k.a the hook)
This is the first thing visitors will see when they land on your about us page, so you want it to grab their attention.
And keep it about them and not you.
After all, you want to let them know they’re in the right place and show them what you can do for them.
Considers things like:
•What problem will you solve?
•How will your services/products change their life
• What sets you apart from the competition?
“Finally, a digital solution that makes managing your business easy.”
“Say goodbye to the days of tedious paperwork.”
“Unlock the potential of your business with our revolutionary software.”
You have a reason for doing what you do; this is a chance to share it with your readers. So if you’re passionate about something, show it!
After all, this section is about the “heart” of your story—where people can genuinely connect to your mission.
Things to keep in mind are:
- Your story (how/why you started)
- Your values and core beliefs
- Any personal experiences that shape who you are as a business
- How your mission will help others
- Your brand promise
And remember, this is a great place to be vulnerable—to be human. Because never forget. People buy people.
- “We are here to make a difference by providing you with the tools to grow your business.”
- “Our mission is to help people achieve their dreams—no matter where they live or their background.”
- “We believe everyone should have access to affordable healthcare. That’s why we work hard to make sure our services are accessible and impactful.”
This is your opportunity to let people know that you have their best interests in mind.
It’s important to be up-front and honest with your readers so they know exactly what they’re getting into when they work with you. That way, there are no surprises down the line.
This is where you’ll want to share information like:
- How long it typically takes to get results
- A statement of your commitment.
- A reminder that they are not alone in their journey
- A promise of the value they will receive
- “Our team works hard every day to make sure you get the most out of your experience with us. We are always here for questions and support.”
- “We guarantee that with our services, you will get results within just a few weeks.”
- “You have our full commitment—we will do our very best to make sure your success is our priority.”
As humans, we will only move forward with something once we are sure it’s the right thing to do.
But trust isn’t just given—you need to earn it.
That’s why you should provide evidence that people have used and benefited from your products and services on your about us page.
So, consider things like:
•Testimonials from satisfied customers
•Any awards/certifications you may have earned
•Information on your team members (especially if they
Now you might be thinking, “But Eva, I don’t have any of those things yet,” don’t worry.
You can always start by sharing your vision—where you’re headed and what you hope to achieve.
Better yet. Give a lucky few your services or products for free and ask them for testimonials.
Not only is this a great way to test your product or service, but it allows people to see what you can do for them & build trust.
After all, we all had to start somewhere!
Before you buy or subscribe to anything, isn’t it amazing when you can imagine yourself using the product or service? Or see what that outcome looks like?
The same goes for your about page. Your visuals should be just as compelling as your words.
This is why painting a picture of what it’s like to work with you is so important.
Think about adding visuals like:
- Photos of your team in action
- Videos of your services being used
- Before/after screenshots or success stories
- The phases of your process
- A description of your approach
- A timeline of the journey that customers can expect
- “Our team has 20+ years of experience in the industry, so you can trust that your project will be handled with care and expertise.”
- “We have a five-step process to make sure all our customers get the results they need & deserve.
- “As soon as you join us, you’ll get access to our exclusive membership platform with resources & tips to help you grow.”
With the right visuals, your about page will become a powerful marketing tool that takes your customers on a journey—from getting to know you and what value you can offer them to trust in their decision to work with you.
This is where you can remind the reader of why they came to you in the first place. Remind them of the struggles & frustrations they are carrying with them.
Let them know that you understand how they feel and that you have the solution to make their lives easier & better.
Reiterate your commitment to them & the value they get from working with you.
And if you’re wondering, “Should it be emotional or even a little vulnerable?”
The answer is yes.
Your about page should tell a story and make the reader feel something—not just facts & figures.
And this is an excellent place for it.
Well, as long as you keep your content relevant, authentic, & honest.
Some things to consider are:
- A concise summary of the value that you bring to customers/clients
- A heartfelt commitment to their success
- A glimpse of the possibilities awaits them when they take the journey with you.
- “We are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. Committed to offering you the best services and solutions tailored to your needs. Because you’ve been through enough already and deserve a partner who will work with you to make your vision come true.”
- “We believe that anything is possible when you have the right support. We are here to support you—to help you reach your dreams and maximize your potential no matter what obstacles stand in your way.”
- “We understand how hard it can be to get the results you want and deserve. That’s why we deliver personalized solutions to help you achieve your goals.”
No matter how powerful your story is, if there’s no call-to-action (CTA), it won’t matter. People need to know what steps to take next.
This is an excellent opportunity for your about page visitors to become customers or clients.
And telling them what to do next is critical.
So whether it’s booking a consultation call, getting in touch via email, or subscribing to your newsletter—make sure to include a CTA at the end of your about page.
The more specific and actionable, the better!
“Ready to take the next step? Contact us today to get started.”
“Book a free consultation call with us now and learn how we can help you reach your goals.”
“Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up-to-date on the latest news and offers from us!”
The Bottom Line
Your about page should be more than just data & facts—it should be an emotional journey that helps the reader understand who you are, what you do, and why they should care. It should also give them a clear path to take action.
And yes, your about us page should be about you. Just not the way you think.
This is an opportunity to:
🠮 show how much you care about them
🠮 what unique value you bring to the table
🠮 and why they should trust in your services.
So tell me, how will you make your about page a powerful marketing tool?
Share them with me in the comments below!
I can’t wait to hear from you. Until then, happy writing!🥂